The loan manager has many features to help you easily find the loans you want and get a quick sense of what’s happening with your loans.
The most important aspect of the loan manager is probably its search capability. In order to service loans effectively, you need to be able to find individual loans or groups of loans in an easy and efficient way. LoanPro accomplishes this with the keyword search and search filters. Additionally, to find a specific loan or group of specific loans, you can search using id=1,2,3,4 syntax.
Once you have done a search of your accounts, you can use LoanPro’s tools on the loans returned in the search results. Just select an action from the Data Options drop-down to use the accounts resulting from your search in one of the tools from the list.
When you choose the Excel Data Dump option from the Data Options drop-down, the data for any accounts that are included in your search results will be exported as a comma separated values (CSV) file. You should see the generated reports icon in the summary header. When you click this button, you should see a list of CSV files that were generated by users in your company, which are available for download.
Above your list of loans, you should see the summary section.
The available column options include:
- # Modifications – This is the number of loan modifications that have been done on the loan.
- Activated – Whether the loan is activated or not.
- Amount Past Due – The amount past due on the loan.
- Amount Past Due 30+ – The amount 30+ days past due on the loan.
- Closed Date – The closed date entered in the loan settings.
- Collateral – The collateral on the loan.
- Contract Date – The contract date on the loan.
- Created on – The date on which the loan was created.
- Days Past Due – The number of days the loan is past due.
- Delinquency Bucket – The number of payments that have been missed on a loan.
- Flags – The flags for which the loan qualifies.
- ID – The ID of the loan. By default, you can see the loans ID that was assigned by you. This is specifically the unique ID assigned by LoanPro.
- Last Human Activity – The date that human activity last took place on the loan.
- Last Payment Amount – The amount of the last payment made on the loan.
- Last Payment Date – The date the last payment was made on the loan.
- Liquidation Date – The liquidation date entered in the loan settings.
- Live/Archived – Whether the loan is live or an archived loan.
- Loan Aging – The number of days since the contract date on the loan.
- Loan Status – The assigned status of the loan.
- Loan Sub Status – The assigned sub status of the loan.
- Net Charge Off – The total amount charged off the loan.
- Next Payment Amount – The amount of the next payment that will come due on the loan.
- Next Payment Date – The date the next payment will come due on the loan.
- Original Loan Amount – The amount for which the loan was originally given.
- P&I Past Due – The amount of principal and interest that is past due on the loan.
- Payoff – The current loan payoff amount.
- Primary Customer – The name of the primary customer on the loan.
- Primary Customer Email – The email of the primary customer on the loan.
- Primary Customer Phone # – The phone number of the primary customer on the loan.
- Principal Balance – The principal balance on the loan.
- Recency – The number of days since a payment was made on the loan.
- Repossession Date – The repossession date on the loan that was entered in the loan settings.
- Secondary Customer – The name of the secondary customer on the loan.
- Secondary Customer Email – The email of the secondary customer on the loan.
- Secondary Customer Phone # – The phone number of the secondary customer on the loan.
- Stoplight – The stoplight status of the loan.
For each loan listing, you should see a stoplight status. You can change the rules that decide your statuses in Settings > Loan > Alerts > Stoplight.
Each account listing gives you the option to add it individually to any of seven LoanPro tools including: