API - Add Collateral to a Loan
This article assumes that you have an existing loan. If not, see Creating a Loan with the API.
To add collateral to a loan, you will need to send a PUT request to the url of the desired loan. For example, to add a vehicle to a loan with id 515 the url would be https://loanpro.simnang.com/api/public/api/1/odata.svc/Loans(515).
Please note, that the example listed below is for an automobile loan, but we realize that you might not give loans on vehicles. If this is the case, please view the Collateral Collections article to view collection options of updating collateral.
The request body will be formatted as follows:
"licensePlate": "License Plate Number",
- loanId: The ID of the associated loan
- a: The first collateral field (determined in loan settings)
- b: The second collateral field (determined in loan settings)
- c: The third collateral field (determined in loan settings)
- d: The fourth collateral field (determined in loan settings)
- additional: Additional collateral information
- collateralType: The type of the collateral (see Collateral Collections for more information)
- vin: The VIN number for the collateral (applicable to automobiles only)
- distance: The distance (mileage) the collateral has travelled (applicable to automobiles only)
- bookValue: The book value of the collateral (applicable to automobiles only)
- color: The color of the collateral
- gpsStatus: The installation status of a GPS (applicable to automobiles, see Collateral Collections for more information)
- gpsCode: The code of the GPS unit installed in the collateral (applicable if a GPS is installed)
- licensePlate: The license plate number of the vehicle (applicable to automobiles only)
- gap: The GAP insurance policy amount
- warranty: The warranty amount