Brackets are designed to let you filter your reports and searches by a specific range for each bracket item. Your bracket filters can be found in the advanced option search, which is a part of most reports and searches.
You have the following types of brackets available to you:
- Aging – The number of days since the contract date on an account. (This will always be an absolute value.)
- Amount Past Due – The amount that is currently due on an account.
- Days Past Due – The number of days that an account is past due.
- Human Activity – The number of days since something that required human input (not a part of the daily update) happened on an account.
- Loan Recency – The number of days since a payment was made on an account. (-1 means the borrower has never made a payment.)
- Principal Balance – The current principal balance of an account.
- Payoff – The total payoff amount of an account.
- Original Loan Amount – The total original loan amount.
How To Update a Bracket
To update or create a new bracket, navigate to Settings > Company > Brackets inside your company account. Each bracket type is a sub-tab of this section.
To edit a bracket, click the icon to the right of the bracket listing. To add a new bracket, click Add in the top right corner.
Although the labeling will be somewhat different depending on the bracket type, you will be given a field in which to enter the begin value for your bracket and one for the end value. If you enter 0 as the end value, it will include everything from the "begin" value and up. Enter the begin and end values and click Save.
By default, there will always be an option for “equals 0” present when using the Principal Balance or Payoff bracket to perform a search.