Agent users are users that have access to LoanPro software. You can create new users within your company who can access the software and make changes to your company account. Access to areas of the software can be granted to agent users in the form of roles. It’s important to most companies to grant only the access needed by a given employee and no more. This article will give an overview of agent users, including how to create an agent user.
A list of agent users for your company can be found by navigating to Users > Agent Users.
From here, you can
- create a new agent user
- configure an agent user
- edit an agent user
- search agent users
- customize the agent users list
These actions are described in greater detail below.
Create a New Agent User
Enter the data for the agent user into the fields provided. Most of the fields are self-explanatory, but the more complicated options are explained below.
- Role – Roles are a way to determine what access agent users should have, based on what they do within your company. You can create company roles by navigating to Settings > Company > Access > Roles. For more information on agent roles, see Agent User Roles.
- Search Restriction Group – Search restriction groups let you restrict users so that they can only search specific groups of loans. For example, you can restrict a user to specific loan statuses, so when that user searches loans, the resulting loans will only be assigned to those statuses. For more information about search restriction groups, see Search Restrictions.
- New Account Default Settings – New account default settings are groups of defaults for new loans that you can create within your company. These groups of defaults can be assigned to your agent users so that when a user creates a new loan, the settings are defaulted for them. To create a group of defaults, navigate to Settings > Defaults > New Loan > User Group Defaults.
- IP Restrictions – You can create groups of white-listed or black-listed IP addresses and assign them to agent users. This will make it so the agent user can only access the software from specific IP addresses. You can create IP restrictions in Settings > Company > IP Restrictions.
- Shortcut Set – You can assign a user a set of shortcut icons that will appear in the header of each loan. These icons are shortcuts to specific areas inside a loan. A group of shortcuts can be created in Settings > Company > Access > Shortcuts.
- Sound Group – You can create a group of sounds that are tied to actions inside the software. To create a new sound group, navigate to Settings > Company > Notifications > Sound Manager. For more information about sound groups see Sound Groups.
- Restriction Groups – You can choose the restriction group that will further determine the access the agent has to functions in the software.
- Loan Summary Template – You can choose which of your custom Loan Summary template views the agent will have.
- Wizards Group – You can choose which group of Process Wizards this user will have access to. To create a wizard group, navigate to Settings > Company > Access > Wizard Groups.
After the agent user is created, an email containing a temporary login password will be sent to the agent user. Upon login, the agent user will be asked to enter a new password. The new password must be at least 10 characters long. Additionally, there are no character type requirements/restrictions for passwords. Once you have saved the new user, you have some options to configure the user. Click the listing for the agent user you just created.
Important Note: Only users with the role of "Tenant Admin" will have access to the Role, Shortcuts Set, Restriction Groups, IP Restrictions, Search Restrictions Group, and Wizards Group fields while creating or editing a user. This means that in order for an agent user to change their level of access in the software, they must have the Tenant Admin role.
Configure Agent User
Once you have saved the new user, you have some options to configure the user. Click the listing for the agent user you just created.
You will have a view with three tabs on the left-hand side. These include Profile & Access, Internal Notifications, and Email Enrollment. The Profile & Access information is the information you entered to create the user. Let’s look at Internal Notifications.
Underneath Internal Notifications, you have an Events tab and a Triggers tab. These tabs work the same way and let you choose which of your company’s trigger or event-based notifications this user should receive.
Use the toggle switches to the right of each event to designate whether the agent user should get the notification and/or the popup. Once you’ve made your selections for the user, the updates are saved automatically. Use the same process for the trigger notifications.
For information on Authentication see the article Multi-Factor Authentication.
Now let’s look at Email Enrollment. This tab works similarly to the Events and Triggers tabs, except that when an event happens or a customer account qualifies for a trigger rule, instead of receiving a system notification, the agent user will receive an email from the system. Select the desired emails from this list that you would like your Agent User to receive.
Edit Agent User Information
Search Agent Users
You can search agent users by keyword and filter them by status and agent role.
Customize Agent Users List
You can also control what items are shown in the list of agent users. (The following columns are shown by default: ID, Name, Email Address, Agent Role, Phone, Company Position Title.) To change which columns are shown, click in order to choose what columns will appear in the agent users list.
Note: Agent users will automatically be logged out of LoanPro after a period of inactivity.