What are Loan Reports?
Loan reports are found within a specific loan. For example, say you want to see how much interest a borrower has been paying and the details on their payments. Within that loan's page, you will be able to use loan reports to check up on past due payments and interest payments.
Different Types of Loan Reports
Whereas other reports simply pull data from a loan, calculated reports use the data to generate new information. There are five different types of calculated reports:
- Past Due Table – The past due report table helps you be aware of how many days they are past due on a payment. This report can help you know the amount they've missed and the date when they missed their payment. It will also tell you the number of days past due they are, their last payments and their most recent ones.
- Reverse Calculated Archive – The reverse calculated archive gives daily loan data for a date range you can specify. It will inform you about their principal balance and interest, as well as fees and the amount past due. The reverse calculated archive uses the numbers as they currently exist on a loan to calculate what the numbers would have been in the past.
- Accrued Interest Report – The accrued interest report informs you of how much interest they have been paying. Using this report, you will be able to calculate their total interest and see the history of their interest payments. You can select a date range and the report will calculate how much interest has increased or decreased in that amount of time. This helps when you need to know how much interest they have to pay on their loan.
- Delinquency Buckets – These show how many payments a loan has missed. For example, a loan that has missed the last four payments would be in Bucket 4. But if the borrower makes a payment, they would now only be in Bucket 3.
- Delinquency History Table – This report shows what caused delinquency on an account, meaning the borrower missed a payment. If that happens, LoanPro then puts their account on delinquency. The table reviews missed payments and past due dates to show how long an account has been delinquent.
Other Types of Loan Reports
LoanPro has four other loan reports that are different than calculated reports. Rather than calculating new information, these others simply pull data from a loan.
- Admin Stats Report – This report shows how much interest they've collected, the percentage paid off, and their remaining principal balance. It is useful because it shows how much they've paid off and how much they have left.
- Delinquency Report – This report shows a review on a borrower's delinquency, such as whether their loan is open, their next due date and their next payment amount. This will help you determine what they need to do next and review their transaction history and the reasoning for delinquency. It will state if they've missed a payment and review the changed due date, late fees, and schedule rolls.
- Historical Loan Archive – Historical archive shows daily loan data as it actually existed on the account by taking a snapshot of the data each day. It includes fields like loan status, credit status, days and amount past due and principal balance.
- Transactions Report – The transactions report will give you a review on their entire loan. You will be able to see their past payments and their future ones. It gives you a breakdown on their loan and the amount of interest and fees they have paid.
To run any of these reports, open LMS and go to a specific loan. Open the Reports section of the navigation window on the left.
From here, you can select between Transactions, Admin Stats, Historical Archive, Calculated, and Delinquency. Within some categories, you can use the tabs at the top of the page to select other reports.