Payment Breakdown Report
The Payment Breakdown report is the most informative and detailed report about payments made on the loans in your account. This is the primary report lenders use to see what payments were made, the payment methods used, and how they were allocated between interest, principal, fees, etc. It pulls information on all payments that have been made on customer accounts within your company over a date range (or a narrower set of loans and payments if you use search filters) and organizes them to show how much money has been paid toward different areas, like principal or interest.
To run the report, first navigate to Reports > Transaction History > Payment Breakdown within your company account. The report starts out with no results.
You can get results by clicking the magnifying glass icon next to the search bar.
Filtering Your Data
Entering parameters and filters in the window on the left side of the screen will change which payments are included.
You have lots of options to ensure that this report only includes the right payments. These options included:
- Apply Date Period – This option lets you enter a date range based on when a payment actually applied. This is typically the date you entered for the payment when it was logged. However, depending on your settings, payments may or may not apply on the date entered.
- Log Date Period – This option lets you search by a date range based on when a payment was actually entered in to LoanPro. If you enter a past or future date when logging a payment, this will not be the same date as the date entered for the payment.
- Date Entered in Payment – This date range is based on the date you actually entered as the payment date when the payment was logged.
- Posted By – This will narrow the report results by the agent user who posted the payment.
- Payment Method – This will narrow your report by the method of payment chosen when the payment was logged.
- Payment Type – This will let you choose the payment type of payments in the report.
- Payment Status – This will let you narrow the report by payment status of either new (never been edited) or edited.
- Flagged as Charge Off – This will let you select to include charge-off payments in the report. Your options are All Payments, Charge-Off Only, Non Charge-Off Only. Choose “All Payments” to return any type of payment including charge-off payments, choose “Charge-Off Only” to return only charge-off payments, and choose “Non Charge-Off Only” to exclude charge-off payments.
- Flagged as Recovery Payment – This option lets you choose whether or not to display recovery payments. Your options are: All Payments, Recovery-Only, and Non-Recovery Only.
- Split Payment – This will let you select whether split payments should be included in the report. Choose any to include all types of payments, choose yes to see split payments only, or choose no to exclude split payments.
- Batch ID – This will narrow the report results by the batch id connected to each payment.
- Secure Payments Status – This lets you search by the status from Secure Payments. Statuses include: Pending, Voided, Processing, Failed, Settled Successfully or Refunded.
Make your selections for the appropriate date ranges and options.
You can also filter the report results by loan grouping values at the time the payment was logged.
- Loan Status – The loan status the loan was in when the payment was logged.
- Portfolio(s) – The portfolios the loan was a part of at the time the payment was logged.
- Source Company – The source company the loan was assigned to when the payment was logged.
Advanced Option Search
In addition to these options, you can also filter the report using the advanced option search. Once you have chosen your search parameters, click the magnifying glass icon next to the search bar to run the search. This will return the resulting payments.
At the top of the report you will see a summary breakdown for all the payments in the report. This includes a breakdown, by account, of how much was applied to escrow. To view this breakdown, click 'More Details' on the Total Escrow line. Additionally, sometimes you may notice that the summation of the payment application is not matching the summation of the payment amounts. There is a small information (the lowercase i) button to the right of the Total of Payments amount. If you select this button, it will pop-up with an Information box explaining why the amounts aren't matching.
The report gives you a lot of information including how each payment broke down between interest, principal, discount, fees, and all the escrow buckets. You can also see the Secure Payments Transaction ID and Status, this will identify which payments were actually processed through LoanPro’s Secure Payments integration. You can see the Split ID, which is the ID of any other loan that the payment applied to, and you also get all the dates and the payment and loan ID’s.
If you want to add data columns to the report results, you can click . This will give you a popup where you can select which columns you’d like to see.
Finally, you can choose from the data options drop-down what to do with the report results.
The options are:
- Excel Data Dump – Download the report as a CSV file.
- Schedule Report – Schedule this report to pull in the future.
- Email List – Email the customers on the loans where the payments in the report were made.
- Collector Queue – Run a collector queue of the loans that had payments in the report.
- Run TCN Campaign – Send automated phone calls to the customers from the accounts on which the payments from the report were made.
- Send to Billing – Send the loans from the report to the billing tool.
- Create Custom Forms – Print custom forms for the loans on which the payments in the report were made.
- SMS Tool – Send the loans from the report to the SMS Tool.
- Credit Report – This lets you send the group of loans to be exported in a way that can be used by Credit Manager to report credit.
- Loan Admin Tools – This lets you do things like run rules applied on the group of loans.
- Mail House – Send the loans from the report to the Mail House tool.