Loan Custom Fields
LoanPro lets you create custom fields in order to keep track of things that the system doesn’t track by default. You can add custom fields in five specific areas of a loan: Loan Setup, Loan Settings, Collateral, Insurance, and Bankruptcy. You can create custom fields in other areas including investor, customer, payment, and source company, but this article only covers the creation of loan custom fields. This article also doesn’t cover creating auto-calculating custom fields.
Managing Your Custom Fields
To manage your custom fields for loans, navigate to Settings > Loan > Custom Fields > Custom inside your company account. There are buttons across the top of this page that you can use to select the type of custom field you want to create. A custom field in the collateral section, for instance, will appear below the native fields when you add collateral to a loan.
Within each section are listed the custom fields you've created. Their order here determines their order within the actual loan, and you can drag-and-drop the icon on the left of each field to reorder them. The pencil icon will let you edit an existing field, or you can click the 'Add' button in the top right to make a new one.
The following options are available for new custom fields:
- Active – Choose whether the field is displayed in the loan file.
- Field Name – This is the name of the field. This name should distinguish this custom field from other custom fields you create.
- Field type – This is the type of data that should be entered into the field. This will control how the field appears and how the data in the field is formatted. The available options are:
- Associated Company - A company from your company directory that's associated with the loan.
- Checkbox – This is a custom checkbox field.
- Currency – This will be a number formatted as currency (e.g. 9,999.99).
- Date – This will be a date field and will include the date picker for ease of entry. When displayed, the date will not be converted to the local timezone.
- Date Time – This is a field that can hold both a date and time. It is actually displayed as two fields. The date field includes a date picker and the time field is a dropdown of times in five-minute increments.
- Number – This field will not accept any letters, only numbers and some special characters.
- Percentage – This field works like a number field, but will appear with a percentage tag adjacent to the field.
- Phone – This field will only accept numbers and they will be formatted as (999) 999-9999.
- Select – This will not be a field, but a selection box. Entering option values will be covered a little later in this article.
- Text – This field will allow all character types. This type of field allows for a maximum number of 255 characters.
- Time – This is a time field and is a drop-down of times in five-minute increments.
- Web URL – Your entry into this field must be a valid URL format (e.g. http://yourpage.com). When the value for Web URL fields is displayed, it will be a clickable hyperlink for easy navigation to the URL.
- Auto calculate – This option lets you choose to have the field be used to calculate one of the loan numbers.
- Include in credit report – This selection lets you designate a field to be included in the exported credit reporting data.
- Include as a Custom Option in the Loan Manager – This selection gives you the option to have a column in the loan manager that will display the value for this field for each loan returned in your loan search results.
- Include In Loan Status Archive – Choosing “Yes” for this option will save the value of this field daily, in the Loan Status Archive. This report will let you see the history of values for the field so you can track changes to the value over time.
- Required – This option lets you choose to make it a requirement to enter a value for the field before the data for the designated loan section can be saved.
- Searchable – This option is only available for phone numbers and text and lets you choose to be able to search the value entered into this field in order to find loans in the loan manager.
- Max Length – This option is only available for text and Web URL fields and lets you enter a numeric value for the maximum number of characters that can be entered into the field.
- Default Value – This option lets you enter a default value for the field.
- Configure Select Options – This option is only available for select fields and lets you enter the options that will be available in the selection.
Once you have input the necessary data for the field you are creating, click Save to save the field.
Now that you have your custom field created, see Using Custom Fields for more information on how to use the field.
How To Enter Selection Options
LoanPro provides a few templates for selections you might want, which you can access by clicking Preset Templates. These include:
- Rent/Own/Live with relatives
- US States
You can also enter any options you want. Each line you enter represents a single option. Enter the options in the following format:
So, if you want to enter a simple Yes/No selection, you would enter the options like this:
To enter options for your selection, click on the box.
Then enter the options into the box.
Importing a Custom Field via CSV Import Tool
For information on how to create a CSV Import see the Import article.
First, you will navigate to Settings > Company > Import > Instructions and Samples. From there, you will download the custom field sample which will look something like this.
All the column headers are required to make a custom field.
This field lets the import system know what to do with this row of data.
This is the specific custom field id you want to be imported.
no expected value
This is the field type on your custom field. To get the field type, navigate to Settings > Loan > Custom Fields > Custom. The top of the page will have the field type for your custom field.
customer or employer
Title case text
The value for the custom field. The column header should be used to identify which custom field should be updated. This means the number after 'cf' should match the numeric id of the custom field (e.g. cf1 = custom field with an id of 1, cf2 = custom field with an id of 2, etc.)
no expected value
Format will depend on the setting of the custom field being updated. You can view the configuration in Settings > Customer > Custom Fields > Customer Fields > Customer Information or Employer. Dates should be entered as DD/MM/YYYY. DateTimes should be entered as YYYY-MM-DD h:mm:ss.
Uploading the File
After entering in the information for your custom field in the excel sheet, make sure it is saved. You will then navigate to Settings > Company > Import > Upload and History inside your company account.
Your page will look like this, you will then click the 'Add' button in the top right.
It will pull up an upload page, where you can select a category. You can then drag and drop the file you created in excel to the drop files box, once you've done that, click 'Save' in the top right corner.