API – Creating Notes
This article explains how to use the API to create notes for both loans and customers. To do so with the API, you will need to send a PUT request to the URL of the desired loan/customer. For example, creating a note for the loan with the id 515 would use the following URL:
To create a note for a customer, use this endpoint:
"body":"<p>Sample Note 2</p>",
Here's a breakdown of each field:
- body – The HTML for the note content
- categoryId – The ID of the note category
- parentId – The ID of the LoanPro entity that the note is attached to (loan or customer)
- parentType – The type of the entity that the note will be attached to
- Entity.Loan for loans
- Entity.Customer for customers
- subject – The subject line of the note
- type – This can be either STANDARD or NOTICE. STANDARD just logs a note on the loan; NOTICE becomes a notice that pops up when the loan is opened and must be clicked through.
- expirationDate – This is only used for NOTICE type notes. This is the date on which the notice will no longer appear on the loan.