Canada Bank Return Codes
LoanPro lets Canadian companies process payments using CPA standard 005 formatted files, the format used by most Canadian banks. The file can be submitted to the originating bank, and will contain all information necessary transfer funds to or from one or more bank accounts. CPA-005 files only work if both the originating bank and the target banks are located in Canada.
When Canadian banks reject CPA 005 transactions, they will provide a Rejection Code that indicates why the transaction failed. LoanPro then lets you set automatic actions in response to the specific code received.
Return Code Actions
To set a specific action for a Canada Return Code, navigate to Settings > Company > Merchant > Canada Returns.
The page displays all of the return codes. Click thenext to the desired code to add an action.
Choose the desired action related to the code in the popup window and click Save.
Return Codes Reference
All of the return codes and abbreviations are listed for reference below:
- 900 Edit Reject REJ/REV
- 901 NSF (Debit Only) NSF/DSP
- 902 Account Not Found CNT/ITV
- 903 Payment Stopped/Recalled STP/ARR
- 905 Account Closed CLS/FER
- 907 No Debit Allowed NCP/PPC
- 908 Funds Not Cleared (Debit Only) FNC/FNL
- 909 Currency/Account Mismatch WCU/MDC
- 910 Payor/Payee Deceased DEC/DEC
- 911 Account Frozen FZN/BLQ
- 912 Invalid/Incorrect Account No. INA/INV
- 914 Incorrect Payor/Payee Name INP/NOM
- 915 No Agreement Existed ANP/NOG
- 916 Not According to Agreement – Personal NCA/ACP
- 917 Agreement Revoked – Personal ARP/AGP
- 918 No Confirmation/Pre-Notification – Personal PNP/PRP
- 919 Not According to Agreement – Business NCE/ACB
- 920 Agreement Revoked – Business ARE/AGB
- 921 No Confirmation/Pre-Notification – Business PNE/PRB
- 922 Customer Initiated Return (Credit Only) REC/CIR
- 990 Institution in Default DEF/DEF